Community members of all ages are invited to enjoy the spring season by participating in engaging, interactive, FREE programming offered at all Santa Clarita Public Library branches. A few of April’s free events include the following:
- Dia De Los Niños – Hosted on April 5, from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Canyon Country Library branch, families are invited to celebrate El Dia de los Niños/El Dia de los Libros (Childrens’ Day/Book Day), which celebrates culture and heritage through reading with books.
- National Library Week – Throughout the week April 13-19, attendees are invited to celebrate National Library Week at the Canyon Country, Old Town Newhall and Valencia branches, which will feature special displays and interactive activities around the theme “Lives Change @ Your Library.”
- Email 101 – Hosted April 14, from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Old Town Newhall Library branch, adults are invited to learn the basics of emailing, including how to set up an account and how to stay connected with family and friends online.
- Cowboy Cooking – Hosted on April 19, from 11 a.m. to noon at the Old Town Newhall Library branch, a local chef gets into the Cowboy spirit as he demonstrates a special western themed menu in honor of the Cowboy festivities taking place throughout the month of April. Registration is required for this event as food samples will be provided. Those interested in attending the demonstration should register online.
- Spring Cleaning Swap – Hosted on April 26, from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Valencia Library branch, residents are invited to trade their gently used DVDs, books and CDs with other attendees. Magazines, papers, textbooks or anything else in poor condition will not be allowed at this event. All items not exchanged will be donated to the Friends of Santa Clarita Public Library book store.
For more information about these events and other happenings at the Santa Clarita Public Library, visit SantaClaritaLibrary.com.