Santa Clarita residents are invited to celebrate Independence Day with a series of patriotic events taking place throughout Santa Clarita on Saturday, July 4, 2015.
July 4th will bring a full day activities for Santa Clarita residents.
- 7 a.m. – Independence Day 5K & 10K at Newhall Park. The 10K race begins at 7 a.m., Kids K at 7:45 a.m., and the 5K race/walk takes off at 8 a.m. Participants must register at scrunners.org.
- 9 a.m. – The Santa Clarita 4th of July Parade will begin at 9 a.m. This year’s parade, themed “Santa Clarita: Living the American Dream,” will feature longtime parade organizer Leon Worden as the Grand Marshall in addition to horses, floats, music, classic cars, military presentations and more. For more information, visit scvparade.com.
- 9:15 p.m. – The Fourth of July Fireworks Show will begin at 9:15 p.m. at the WestfieldValencia Town Center. KHTS AM 1220’s live soundtrack will complement the ambiance of the event as dazzling fireworks light up the night sky. Due to the popularity of the event, guests are encouraged to arrive early.
Many roadways will be closed in preparation of the Annual 4th of July Parade, limiting travel within the Newhall area, the following streets will be impacted:
- Newhall Avenue, between Lyons Avenue and Railroad Avenue, will be closed after 5:00 a.m.
- Market Street, between Cross Street and Newhall Avenue, will be closed after 5:00 a.m.
- Main Street, between Newhall Avenue and Lyons Avenue, will be closed after 5:00 a.m.
- Eastbound Lyons Avenue, between Railroad Avenue and Orchard Village Road, will be closed at 6:00 a.m.
- Westbound Lyons Avenue, between Orchard Village Road and Railroad Avenue, will be reduced to a single lane at 6:00 a.m., and will be closed at 7:30 a.m.
- Orchard Village Road, between Lyons Avenue and Wiley Canyon Road, will be closed at 6:00 a.m.
- Dalbey Avenue, between Orchard Village Road and Newhall Avenue, will be closed at 6:00 a.m.
- 16th Street, between Orchard Village Road and Newhall Avenue, will be closed at 6:00 a.m.
- Avenida Ignacio, between Dalbey Avenue and 16th Street, will be closed at 6:00 a.m.
- Newhall Avenue, between 15th Street and 16th Street, will be closed at 6:00 a.m.
To accommodate the 4th of July Fireworks show, the following streets will be impacted:
- McBean Parkway will be reduced to one lane on the northbound approach to Valencia Boulevard, and southbound approach to Magic Mountain Parkway beginning at 5 p.m.
- McBean Parkway will be closed to both northbound and southbound traffic between Valencia Boulevard and Magic Mountain Parkway beginning at 6:45 p.m.
- Eastbound Valencia Boulevard and eastbound Magic Mountain Parkway will be reduced to one lane between Citrus Street and McBean Parkway beginning at 7:15 p.m.
- Westbound Valencia Boulevard and westbound Magic Mountain Parkway will be reduced to one lane between McBean Parkway and Citrus Street beginning at 8 p.m.