All participants must check in at the Health & Fitness Expo, presented by Boston Scientific, Saturday, November 7, at the Hyatt Valencia Regency between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. The expo will be the final opportunity to register, no race-day registration will be available.
The public can expect minor delays and rolling road and parking lot closures periodically from 2 a.m. to 2 p.m. to accommodate all races.
Most of the Marathon will take place on City multi-use trails to reduce the amount of street closures including West River Trail, South Fork Trail, and San Francisquito Trail.
- McBean Parkway from Magic Mountain Parkway to Valencia Boulevard will be closed from 5 a.m. to 7:15 a.m.
- Westbound Valencia Boulevard will be detoured via Citrus Avenue to Magic Mountain Parkway from 6 a.m. to 7:15 a.m.
- Magic Mountain at Tourney Road will be closed from 7 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. Drivers should expect delays in the Industrial Center on Avenue Scott, Avenue Stanford, Avenue Rockefeller, Anza Drive and Avenue Hopkins from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Newhall Ranch Road will be closed at Avenue Tibbits andMcBean Parkway from 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., and one eastbound lane on Copper Hill Drive at McBean Parkway will be closed from 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- Although Estaban Drive will remain open, motorists should use caution and be mindful of runners crossing the street from 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- The Cinema Parking Structure and Auto Center Drive Entrance at the Westfield Valencia Town will be closed from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. to accommodate race participants.
The Santa Clarita Marathon is now celebrating its 20th year. The full marathon is an official qualifier for the Boston Marathon and attracts runners from across the United States and internationally. The 2015 Santa Clarita Marathon event will include a full marathon, two-person marathon relay, a half marathon, 5K, Kid K and Mayor’s Walk.
For more information about road closures as a result of the 2015 Santa Clarita Marathon, please visit http://scmarathon.org/general-information/street-closures/. For more information about the Santa Clarita Marathon, please contact City Arts and Events Supervisor Pat Downing at (661) 250-3783 or visit SCMarathon.org.