On Monday, August 25, the Santa Clarita City Council and Castaic Lake Water Agency’s Board of Directors hosted a ribbon cutting to celebrate the completion of Phase III of Central Park.
Phase III of the Central Park Master Plan included development of:
- two new, full-size, lighted, multi-use sports fields;
- 170 new parking spaces;
- an enhanced walking/running path;
- a new basketball court and full resurfacing of existing courts;
- installation of irrigation and shade structures;
- and a plaza joining the fitness area and basketball courts.
Future expansion of Central Park will include a tennis complex which enters the design phase this year.