The City of Santa Clarita invites artists or a team of artists to design two artistic and functional bike racks for the Canyon County Community Center. Artists must submit a proposal and application by Friday, June 28, 2013.
Interested artists may submit up to two proposals for the projects in addition to the following materials:
- A letter explaining the artist’s interest in the project.
- If submitting as a team, a current resume must be submitted for each team member.
- A full color drawing of the proposed art work.
- Three examples of the artist’s work.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope for the return of application materials.
*This Week in Santa Clarita previously covered the recently installed bike racks at City Hall.
There are two spaces available for the bikes racks at the Canyon Country Community Center location and each design should not only have aesthetic value and functionality as a bike rack, but must be able to support and secure at least 8 to 10 bikes.
Additionally, bike rack designs should consider overall safety, require low maintenance, be durable, adhere to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards, should carefully balance form with function, and must comply with national bicycle parking standards. To learn more please click here.
Residents interested in entering a design for the bike racks, or to find out more information about the City’s arts endeavors, contact Jeff Barber at (661) 250-3703, by email at JBarber@Santa-Clarita.com or visit Santa-Clarita.com/Arts