Beginning on Thursday, July 5 through July 12, the Santa Clarita Public Library will be implementing a new and improved library catalog.
Here is a list of what residents can see on the new online library catalog:
- Search the online catalog with more user-friendly search options and better results.
- Take advantage of new notification options such as text messaging.
- Keep a list of all of the materials you check out, if you choose this option.
- Make a wish list to keep track of titles you are interested in.
- Search the materials owned by all 100 libraries in our borrowing system.
- Log onto the catalog with your library card or through a unique username and password that you set.
- Browse items the library has just ordered and place a hold on them before they arrive.
- Use our new Kids’ Catalog. Visual icons and large lettering lead the way to different topics that give kids an easy way to search and find what they are looking for, and to discover something new.
While the library is in the process of installing the new catalog some services will be affected:
- Materials will remain available for check-out and public internet computers will continue to be available for use. A library card will be required for all transactions.
- Specific account information will not be available at your library or online during this time.
- Holds cannot be placed or filled July 1 – July 12 but your holds will be transferred to the new system.
- The library will be unable to process fines.
- We ask that all items that are due on or after July 1 not be returned until after July 12. No items will be due during the transition and no late fines will be assessed.
- All of your account information will remain the same, and your current library card and 4 digit PIN will continue to work.
For more information about the switch, call (661) 259-8942 or visit SantaClaritaLibrary.com.