The City of Santa Clarita is looking for community photographers to participate in the City’s quarterly photo contest. The quaterly photo contest is an opportunity for residents to showcase community life in the City of Santa Clarita.
The summer contest is currently underway, and new submissions must be received by June 30 to qualify for a variety of cash prizes.
Photo submissions should represent events, activities, and daily occurrences residents enjoy in their community. The photo contest is broken into six submission categories including:
- Environment – skylines, open spaces, parks & wildlife
- Architecture – urban design, cityscapes, landmarks & infrastructure
- People Portraits – of residents participating in City sponsored events & classes
- Community Life – education, volunteer, street/nightlife, celebrations, arts & cultural scenes
- Altered Images – photos manipulated for artistic purposes
Photo Voice – images illustrating a community issue or problems
Winning photographs will be posted online at Santa-Clarita.com and in city publications, such as the City’s award winning Seasons Magazine. Winning photographers will receive photo credit as well as a one time cash prize.